Horse back riding

I was able to ride a horse for my 9th b-day!  It was alot of fun! The horses name was Fairadon.  I liked it so much I decided to try lessons. It is hard to ride.  When you ride a horse you should always wear a helmet because if you were to  fall off you may get really hurt. Some safety tips:  Never ride a wild horse because you may get hurt or get kickedDon’t walk behind a horse!

3 thoughts on “Horse back riding

1. Horseback riding certainly looks easy, but you’re right. It is very difficult.
    Do you remember that Nick took riding lessons for several years? I never could figure out the “posting”.
    He loved it. It is a great workout and you have to be very strong yet very gentle at the same time.
    It is incredibly dangerous. You have to take many precautions and be brave. Horses can be very unpredictable.
    Nick was “thrown” a few times, but he was never discouraged ( just a little sore! ).
    Another tip: always wear riding boots. Anna had her foot “stepped on”. She was lucky her foot wasn’t broken, just very bruised and very sore.
    Did you watch any equestrian events during the Olympics? Those riders make it look very easy!
    I love black horses. Do you have any favourites?
    I think your Poppa likes the ones that win races!

love,
    Jane

2. You are brave, Madison! Your favourite horse is beautiful. I went horseback riding once. When I read your post, I had to giggle. Good advice—never ride a wild horse! The horse I rode was on a ranch; I’m certain he was gentle. In my mind, he was wild! I think when I got onto the horse’s back, he sensed that I was afraid. All I remember is that someone slapped the horse on the rump and he bolted off (probably the horse was “trotting;” to me it felt like a wild gallop)! The horse followed a path and I arrived back at the stable safe and sound. Fear less! Wear those boots! Promise.
    xo
    Bams